- We feed our adults Victor dog food. In order to get the right mixture of protein and fat we mix half with Victor High Pro and half with Victor High Energy. It is great food that is made in the US with no outsourcing. Beef is the number one ingredient, and it is full of the good grains of rice and oatmeal.
- For breakfast, they have eggs and liver mixed in with their food. For lunch, we mix Kirkland Brand canned food, as it has no grain. We also free feed our dogs so they always have food available to them.
- For snacks, they like Nubz and Greenies which is sold at Costco. They also like Kirkland brand Super Premium Dog biscuits sold at Costco as well.
- We also give our pups, and suggest you do as well, a great food supplement that is from NuVet. It keeps them healthy, strong, and at a good weight.
- Puppies normally start eating food right around four weeks. At that time, we soak their food until soft. Then we add a milk supplement with plain Greek yogurt.
- If any of our dogs or pups have any tummy problems we give them 100% plain (no spices) canned pumpkin. We mix that with their dog food, and normally works in one day using around 2 tablespoons.
- Our dogs and pups are all AKC, and have extended pedigree upon request.
- We have done and are continuing health testing, and all our adults have had their bite certified.
- Tests done include:
- Von Willebrand Disease
- Neonatal Encephalopathy
- Degenerative Myelopathy
- Standard Poodles are on the list for the healthiest dog you can buy.
- We sell our pups with only limited registration. Meaning we do not sell our pups to breeders.
- Our pups have their tails docked and dew clews done at 3 days after birth.
- First vaccine is given at 7 weeks, and it is Duramune Max 5. Then a vaccine would be every three to four weeks after, according to your vet.
- Deworming starts at 4 weeks than again at 6 weeks, and we use Safeguard 100 mg.
- All pups are micro chipped.
- If you want to clip the fur of your own dog I suggest Andis 5 speed clippers with eBay having the best price.
- You will want a blade size of 10 or 15 for the face feet and part of the tail. The body is personal preference depending on the length you would like their hair.
- My favorite slicker brush is Paw Brothers Extra Long Hard Pin Slicker Brush.
- Make sure to get a tooth brush with meat flavor tooth paste also sold on eBay.
- Bed -You may also want a crate if pup will be left alone for awhile
- For toys, they like rubber toys and balls.
Care for your pup
- We clean the hair from our dog’s ears and use ChlorConazole Ear flush. It is medicated and works great when used once a week. Our dogs never get ear infections, and you will need to order that from Revival pet care.
- We start trimming the pups nails at one week, and that is done every other day. When I do their nails, I hold them on their backs and play with their feet. That is when training starts with submission to their owners, or pack leaders, which ever you would like to be called. We work with multiple service dog trainers that have given me instruction on different types of training and stimulation. They would like for us to work these exercises with all our pups starting at approximately five weeks of age, and go though the time they are with us. Our pups also get a lot of simulation, and socialization with adults and children. We love our animals and spend a lot of time and energy with them.
- Your puppy will come to you doggy door potty-trained. We also start with basic one word commands such as in, out, up, down, stay, come and some other smaller commands. Of course, at this young age they don’t grasp all of this, but it certainly helps. We also subject them to a leash.
- So, if you are looking for a service or a super great pet you have come to the right place!